What could you do at the DHSC?
Whatever role you might do for our department, you’ll be helping deal with some of the big issues of the day. So many of the challenges our country faces are health related, from dementia and childhood obesity, to funding in-hospital and out-of-hospital care. Our work really does affect people in their daily lives.
UK health needs you – whatever your interests and background are.
Many of our staff are in policy roles and work on finding ways to tackle these challenges. Lots more staff provide vital support for this work, from people working in finance and human resources, to those communicating the department’s work to the media and general public.
Every role is important because you’re working towards one big goal – helping people live more independent, healthier lives for longer.
3 ways to find a job with us at the DHSC
What are the benefits of a career with the DHSC?
Working for the DHSC is an amazing opportunity with fantastic benefits. Here are the benefits and perks you can expect from any DHSC job you apply for
We care about your future
We can give you rewarding and challenging jobs to help you reach your full potential. We offer a BIG range of learning and self-development opportunities to help you boost your skills, knowledge and experience.
What we’re looking for
- Good communication skills
- You should feel comfortable and able to adapt in a work environment where things are always on the go and priorities can change
- You can get creative (and dynamic) when it comes to new ideas and ways of doing things. You’ll look for opportunities to do things differently
- Good teamwork skills – you’ll enjoy working with others, and have good influencing skills too. You’ll be able to build collaborative relationships that balance challenge with support. You’ll help to build trust and mutual respect across the wider health care system.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills – you can use sound judgment and evidence to make effective decisions. Critical thinking plays a big part in that.
These DHSC career opportunities could be a great match for you…
So what are you waiting for? Grab your future.