Free Careers Lesson Plans
Download lesson plans and careers education guides to help young people build their Young Professional skills.
Download Free Careers Lesson Plans
Our free lesson plans will help you present the world of work to students, encouraging them to consider work sectors and roles with recourse to their life and work skills, interests and areas of study.
More free lesson plans from supporters, friends and partners:
What Is The Young Professional Programme?
Young Professional: Preparing for Your Future is ideal for 14-16 year olds who are exploring their future options.
Young Professional: Journey to Work is ideal for 17+ year olds and young people who are closer to the world of work.
Young Professional Programmes can fit into your existing programme or be accessed independently.
Course content helps young people to:
- Understand themselves, their strengths, barriers and opportunities
- Learn about the world of work through virtual work experience and impartial careers information
- Understand the range of pathways available including vocational, academic and technical routes
- Learn how to build their own career plan and set useful life, study and work goals
- Understand the skills they will need for life and work and how to develop them
- Learn how to prepare themselves for work with job searching, CV and interview preparation
- Understand what being in work is like and how to progress once in work
What happens on completing a course?
On completion of each course, the Young Professional learner will receive a certificate. Their Provider can use this or our Group Management System to evidence the progress young people have made during the programme.
Sign up for FREE careers education resources
Teachers: How can you embed free Young Professional training careers learning?
Training skills for life. In school and beyond.Youth Employment UK offers free Young Professional training to all young people aged 14-24. They can use it to recognise, value and develop top skills which support their employability and self-development.
- Weekly newsletter
- Online quiz
- Online resources
"Excellent for information delivered in both written and visual formats to keep students interested."
Louise Rochford, Careers Advisor