Become a Young Professional
Aged 14-24? Become a Young Professional and get free training and support to boost your work skills. Own your future.
What is a Young Professional?
It’s someone who can say in job interviews “I care about my future and I want to grow.” If you are motivated to make a difference in your life and build up your skills and strengths, you already have what it takes.
How do you become a Young Professional?
Sign up to our weekly newsletter below. It’s all treasure, no spam. You’ll get weekly challenges to help you build the five top life and work skills: self-belief, communication, teamwork, problem solving and self-management. Find out more about these below!
You can be a great Young Professional whatever your background and interests are.
You could be at school, in a job, studying at uni or not interested in uni at all. You could have a dream career in mind or not be sure what you want to do next. What really matters is YOU. Make the best of yourself and build your life and work skills with our free help and support, wherever you live in the UK.
Get the Young Professional weekly newsletter
Just fill in the form below and that’s it – you’re now a Young Professional who cares about building their strength and confidence for the future! Enjoy the weekly pep talks, snack-sized challenges and opportunities coming your way. You can also check out our step-by-step career guides (uni is not required), choices zone and a whole lot more.
All signed up? Now take it to the next level.
Congratulations on signing up to the newsletter – you are now a Young Professional!
We have lots more free help guides and resources on offer to help you develop your skills. Sign up as a Youth Member (this is different to Young Professional) for extra helpful opportunities, and try out our Young Professional quiz to see how you do.
What happens next?
As a Young Professional you will join a community of young people who seek to develop themselves and their skills. You will be able to:
- Show employers you are committed to developing your skills
- Build your confidence as you use the free resources, tips and tools available to our Young Professional members
- Access our ever-growing skills content for insights, information, development and support
- Add your Young Professional status to your CV and LinkedIn profile.
The start of something special
Signing up to the newsletter is just the beginning. We’ll give you tools and resources to build your personal and work skills. Empower yourself and show employers what you can do.
You can be a Young Professional whoever you are, and whatever interests and background you have. It starts with that first step.
Build 5 Top Life & Work Skills
Here are the 5 top employability skills of a Young Professional. They will set you up in life. You can start developing them from school onwards, and it’s never too late to start.
Why are these life and work skills so important?
These five skills are life skills. They help you get the most out of life, whatever your goals are. Every successful person had to practise and push themselves, telling themselves “yes, I am ready to grow”.
These five top life and work skills will help you get work opportunities like traineeships, apprenticeships and graduate positions. Employers who see you have these skills know you have a positive attitude to working and developing as a person.
That’s why we think every Young Professional should be given the power and support to build on these skills – including you.
What do you get as a Young Professional?
It all starts with one video training session. Once you’ve completed that, here’s what you get as a Young Professional:
- Free regular support and information from the Youth Employment UK team.
- Support from our Youth Ambassadors, our community of young people. They have a range of experiences with employment and know what you’re going through.
- Special newsletters and activities to help you continue building and developing your skills.
- Being able to say on your CV and LinkedIn profile that you are a Youth Employment UK Young Professional
- Guaranteed job interviews from our Youth Friendly Member Employers, if your CV and experience are a match.
- Network with employers when you attend free Youth Employment UK events and webinars.
- Contribute to our policy work to make a positive change for all young people in the UK. We influence government and employers to become more Youth Friendly and commit to tackling youth unemployment. Your voice gets heard.