Become a Young Professional
Aged 14-24? Want free training and support to boost your work skills and take charge of your future? Become a Young Professional today. Get started in two easy steps:
What happens next?
Complete the video training and you are now a Young Professional. You have joined a community of young people who seek to develop themselves and their skills. Now you can:
- Show employers you are committed to developing your skills
- Build your confidence as you use the free resources, tips and tools available to our Young Professional members
- Access our ever-growing skills content for insights, information, development and support
- Add your Young Professional status to your CV and LinkedIn profile.
The start of something special
The Young Professional video training is just the beginning. We’ll give you tools and resources to build your personal and work skills. Empower yourself and show employers what you can do.
You can be a Young Professional whoever you are, and whatever interests and background you have. It starts with that first step.
Build 5 Top Life & Work Skills
Here are the 5 top employability skills of a Young Professional. They will set you up in life. You can start developing them from school onwards, and it’s never too late to start.
Why are these life and work skills so important?
These five skills are life skills. They help you get the most out of life, whatever your goals are. Every successful person had to practise and push themselves, telling themselves “yes, I am ready to grow”.
These five top life and work skills will help you get work opportunities like traineeships, apprenticeships and graduate positions. Employers who see you have these skills know you have a positive attitude to working and developing as a person.
That’s why we think every Young Professional should be given the power and support to build on these skills – including you.
What do you get as a Young Professional?
It all starts with one video training session. Once you’ve completed that, here’s what you get as a Young Professional:
- Free regular support and information from the Youth Employment UK team.
- Support from our Youth Ambassadors, our community of young people. They have a range of experiences with employment and know what you’re going through.
- Special newsletters and activities to help you continue building and developing your skills.
- Being able to say on your CV and LinkedIn profile that you are a Youth Employment UK Young Professional
- Guaranteed job interviews from our Youth Friendly Member Employers, if your CV and experience are a match.
- Network with employers when you attend free Youth Employment UK events and webinars.
- Contribute to our policy work to make a positive change for all young people in the UK. We influence government and employers to become more Youth Friendly and commit to tackling youth unemployment. Your voice gets heard.