Youth Employment UK is looking to recruit two non-executive directors to join its board at an exciting period of growth and development.
Youth Employment UK seeks two new board members to join our Board of Directors and help us to develop and deliver our strategy as we grow. We are hoping to recruit board members who have an energy and passion for our work and believe in what we are doing at Youth Employment UK. We are looking for new members who can contribute to our success by bringing their own skills, knowledge and network to our team.
In return for your time, energy and support, you will be provided with a great opportunity to make a real difference, a chance to further your own board member skills and extend that to working closely with a youth board. We also like to have a little fun with our work too.
Aim of the board of directors
- Ensure that Youth Employment UK makes a difference and that it stays on course in terms of its theory of change and strategic objectives
- Ensure Youth Employment UK complies with law and regulation
- Support the CEO and senior leadership team, ensuring that Youth Employment UK is well run and efficient
- Support the CEO and senior leadership team to ensure that problems are identified early and dealt with appropriately
- Ensure the preservation of the reputation and integrity of the sector
- To advocate for Youth Employment UK and promote it widely through personal networks
Details of the role
Board members are expected to attend four board meetings per year and in addition to provide support by attending key events and sharing insight and expertise with the CEO and leadership team to a maximum of four additional days per year.
- 6 – 8 days per year
- Non remunerated but expenses will be paid
- Two year commitment with an opportunity to extend a further two years
- Youth Employment UK is a not-for-profit social enterprise Limited by Guarantee. All Board Members will become Non-Executive Directors and have legal responsibility for the organisation and be listed on Companies House
- Board Members report to the Board Chair
- Board Meetings held in Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Planned Board meeting dates 2020 – March 17th, June 16th, September 8th, December 16th
- Youth Employment UK uses Google Drive and WorkPlace to communicate with colleagues, you will be asked to engage with these platforms
- Role will be offered subject to reference and DBS checks
- Passion for the work of Youth Employment UK
- Experience of working with or being on a Board of Directors
- Ideally experience of financial systems, forecasting and budgeting
- Ideally experience of fundraising and funding management
- Ideally access to a broad personal network
How to apply and the application process
Youth Employment UK is a Disability Confident and Youth Friendly Employer, committed to providing a fair and open recruitment process.
Please submit a CV and a Covering Letter to Laura-Jane Rawlings, CEO of Youth Employment UK by the 7th February 2020 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed by our current board and leadership team and applicants will be invited for interview week commencing 17th February. Interviews will be held with Laura-Jane Rawlings, a board member and youth board member.
Offers will be made week commencing 24th February subject to reference and DBS checks.
If you have any queries regarding the role, require additional support, resources in an alternative format or you wish to submit your application in another way please contact LauraJane Rawlings via email at email@example.com or call 01536 513388.