Work With The Youth Employment Experts
We provide expert guidance and support to all organisations working with and employing young people.
Our services include:
- Membership of our Youth Friendly Employer Community
- Support for early careers and recruitment campaigns
- Best practice standards for youth employment
- Bespoke Services including consultancy, strategic support, youth consultation, and education services design
Join the Youth Friendly Employer Community
The Youth Friendly Employer Community provides support, advice and guidance to any organisation working in the youth employment space. It brings together best practice, expert insight, knowledge sharing and so much more. As a Youth Friendly Employer Community Member you will be supported in multiple ways and can be assured that your Membership goes into funding the support we offer for free to all 14-24 year olds.
Benefits of being a Youth Friendly Employer Community Member
- Youth Friendly Employer Mark for your PR, campaigns, website and social presence
- Charter certificate for you to display
- Expert advice, guidance and resources to support you in attracting, recruiting and retaining a diverse talent pipeline of young people
- Reach 1000s of young people monthly through our careers hub
- Benefit from Youth Employment UK policy platforms such as the APPG on Youth Employment
- Benefit from our connections with other organisations invested in youth employment
- Gain access to the Youth Friendly Employer Community featuring resources to support your HR function.
We’ll keep you up to date with the latest insights, policies and resources.
All the resources we provide to you as a Youth Friendly Employer are regularly and promptly updated to keep pace with policy changes. They include:
- Best practice guides (including a guide to working with schools and a work experience workbook for students)
- Case studies
- Example job descriptions
- Template policies and procedures
- Webinars with leading employment specialists on topics such as inclusivity, developing an apprenticeship programme, supporting young disabled people, mentoring best practice and much more
Annual Membership from £150 per year – see below for pricing and application information.
Early Careers and Recruitment Campaign and Attraction
Our Careers Hub is accessed by a diverse and talented pool of young people across the UK. It’s easier than ever before to achieve your goals of reaching 14-24 year olds who are thinking about their career choices and considering different employers.
Employer Profiles go far beyond a conventional job post; they provide an insight into who you are, what you do, the types of roles you offer and why working for you matters.
The benefits of having an Employer Profile:
- Your brand will be showcased to 80,000+ unique visitors every month on our Careers Hub
- You’ll work with our expert content team who know how to create brilliantly engaging content for our audience of 14-24 year olds
- We can bring your brand to life with existing videos and case studies
- We can upload career roles and work experience opportunities
- We’ll support your recruitment and brand campaigns through social media and newsletters
- We’ll support you to reach our school, college, careers advisor and youth organisation network
- We’ll support you to link your outreach work with your employer profile, connecting your full early careers and talent pipeline
Best practice standards for youth employment
The Youth Friendly Employer Award builds on from the principles of good youth employment practice. It is a comprehensive framework that can be used to benchmark, assess and support the development of an exceptional youth employment strategy.
The Framework was co-created with young people and has been externally assessed by Goldsmiths University. The Framework can be used as a development, benchmarking and recognition tool, assessing all aspects of your youth employment strategy from early careers and work experience, to employment including apprenticeships and graduate roles.
Employers who are successful in their assessment become Gold Standard Youth Friendly Employers.
The benefits of being a Gold Standard Youth Friendly Employer
Consultancy support to prepare for your assessment
Case Study & promotion of your assessment outcome
Automatic entry into our annual awards
Recognition as a Gold Standard Youth Friendly Employer
“The Youth friendly employer framework gives organisations the tools and support they need to ensure their organisation is positioned to maximise the potential of the young people it engages as employees, customers or other stakeholders”
Dr ANNA CARLILE
University of London
Bespoke Services offered by Youth Employment UK
As a leading youth employment expert we are able to support organisations in a number of ways.
- Consultancy and strategic support
- Development of your organisation’s youth employment strategy
- Youth consultation including forums, surveys and workshops
- Support with school and college outreach
- Education services design including lesson plans
- Policy engagement through our APPG and wider government work
- Youth employment impact measurement and support
- CSR specific projects
Please talk to us about your specific needs or take a look through some of our case studies.
|Package(s) to apply for||Number of employees in your organisation|
|Youth Friendly Employer with Youth Friendly Employer Community Membership||£150||£200||£350||£500||£750||£1,000|
|Careers Hub Profile *||£450||£600||£750||£1,000||£1,500||£2,000|
|Youth Friendly Employer Gold Standard Assessment *||£300||£300||£300||£500||£1,000||£1,500|
|Bespoke Services||We can tailor a range of services to suit your needs.|
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch to see how we can best support you.
* only available to Youth Friendly Employers
Insight and expertise examples
Here’s what Partners and Youth Friendly Employers are saying about us…
Email email@example.com and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly to help with your enquiries.
You are welcome to download the Download Application Form” prior to getting in touch.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up to receive monthly updates on the work we do. Keep informed on industry news, key events of interest and ways to participate.
Youth Friendly employers are directly investing in the futures of all young people in the UK. Your financial commitment allows us to keep providing free skills support to all young people regardless of their background and circumstances.