Work With The Youth Employment Experts
We provide expert guidance and support to all organisations working with and employing young people.
As a youth-led organisation we offer unique insight and support across a range of youth employment services. Our network includes government, employers, educators and third sector organisations enabling us to join the dots in the youth employment space.
And as we work with both young people and employers Youth Employment UK is bridging the disconnect that still exists between young people and employers.
Our services include:
- Membership of our Youth Friendly Employer Community
- Support for early careers and recruitment campaigns
- Best practice standards for youth employment
- Bespoke Services including consultancy and strategic support, youth consultation, and education services design
Join the Youth Friendly Employer Community
The Youth Friendly Employer Community provides support, advice and guidance to any organisation working in the youth employment space. It brings together best practice, expert insight, knowledge sharing and so much more. As a Youth Friendly Employer Community Member you will be supported in multiple ways and can be assured that your Membership goes into funding the support we offer for free to all 14-24 year olds.
Benefits of being a Youth Friendly Employer Community Member
- Charter certificate for you to display and Youth Friendly Employer logo for your website and campaigns
- Access expert advice, guidance and resources to support you to attract, recruit and retain a diverse talent pipeline of young people
- Reach 1000s of young people every month through our careers hub
- Benefit from Youth Employment UK policy platforms such as the APPG on Youth Employment, as well as connections to other organisations invested in youth employment
- Access to the Youth Friendly Employer Community featuring resources to support your HR function. All resources are frequently updated to keep pace with policy changes and include:
- Best practice guides (including a guide to working with schools and a work experience workbook for students)
- Case studies
- Example job descriptions
- Template policies and procedures
- Webinars with leading employment specialists on topics such as inclusivity, developing an apprenticeship programme, supporting young disabled people, mentoring best practice and much more
Annual Membership from £150 per year – see below for pricing and application information.
Our Youth Friendly Employer Community Members include:
Early Careers and Recruitment Campaign and Attraction
Our Careers Hub is accessed by a diverse and talented pool of young people across the UK. It’s easier than ever before to achieve your goals of reaching 14-24 year olds who are thinking about their career choices and considering different employers.
Employer Profiles go far beyond a conventional job post; they provide an insight into who you are, what you do, the types of roles you offer and why working for you matters.
Benefits of having an Employer Profile:
- Your brand will be showcased to over 65,000 unique visitors every month on our Careers Hub (and that figure keeps growing!)
- You will work with our expert content team who know how to create brilliantly engaging content for our audience of 14-24 year olds
- We can include videos and case studies to bring your brand to life
- We can upload career roles and work experience opportunities
- We will support your recruitment and brand campaigns through social media and newsletters
- We will support you to reach our school, college, career adviser and youth organisation network
- Support to link your outreach work with your employer profile, connecting your full early careers and talent pipeline
Best practice standards for youth employment
The Youth Friendly Employer Award builds on from the principles of good youth employment practice. It is a comprehensive framework that can be used to benchmark, assess and support the development of an exceptional youth employment strategy.
The Framework was co-created with young people and has been externally assessed by Goldsmiths University. The Framework can be used as a development, benchmarking and recognition tool, assessing all aspects of your youth employment strategy from early careers and work experience, to employment including apprenticeships and graduate roles.
Employers who are successful in their assessment become Gold Standard Youth Friendly Employers.
Benefits of being a Gold Standard Youth Friendly Employer include:
- Consultancy support to prepare for your assessment
- Award Assessment
- Case Study & promotion of your assessment outcome
- Automatic entry into our annual awards
- Recognition as a Gold Standard Youth Friendly Employer
“The Youth friendly employer framework gives organisations the tools and support they need to ensure their organisation is positioned to maximise the potential of the young people it engages as employees, customers or other stakeholders”
Dr Anna Carlile, Goldsmiths, University of London
Bespoke Services offered by Youth Employment UK
As a leading youth employment expert we are able to support organisations in a number of ways.
- Consultancy and strategic support
- Development of your organisation’s youth employment strategy
- Youth consultation including forums, surveys and workshops
- Support with school and college outreach
- Education services design including lesson plans
- Policy engagement through our APPG and wider government work
- Youth employment impact measurement and support
- CSR specific projects
Please talk to us about your specific needs or take a look through some of our case studies.
|Package(s) to apply for||Number of employees in your organisation|
|Youth Friendly Employer with Youth Friendly Employer Community Membership||£150||£200||£350||£500||£750||£1,000|
|Careers Hub Profile *||£450||£600||£750||£1,000||£1,500||£2,000|
|Youth Friendly Employer Gold Standard Assessment *||£300||£300||£300||£500||£1,000||£1,500|
|Bespoke Services||We can tailor a range of services to suit your needs.|
Email us at email@example.com and we’ll be in touch to see how we can best support you.
* only available to Youth Friendly Employers
Insight and expertise examples
Here’s what Partners and Youth Friendly Employers are saying about us…
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly to help with your enquiries.
You are welcome to download the Application Form prior to getting in touch.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Sign up to receive monthly updates on the work we do. Keep informed on industry news, key events of interest and ways to participate.
Youth Friendly employers are directly investing in the futures of all young people in the UK. Your financial commitment allows us to keep providing free skills support to all young people regardless of their background and circumstances.