Win a trip to Poland and lend your voice to support youth employment!
How would you like to travel to Poland to give your views on equal opportunities on youth employment?
We are offering one lucky person the opportunity to travel to Cracow, Poland to represent Youth Employment UK as a commentator on equal opportunities and local action for Youth Employment. Youth Employment UK have been invited to participate in the 3rd European Congress of Local Governments taking place in Cracow, Poland between 27th and 28th of March.
“Equal opportunities – local action for Youth Employment”
Youth Employment UK have been asked to contribute to the discussion “Equal opportunities – local action for Youth Employment”.
As a result of the Economic Crisis the models of employment in Western states have been severely altered. The necessity of budget cuts has decreased the number of available job posts and made them less accessible. According to the European Commission young people, entering the job market for the first time, are one of the most negatively affected age groups in this case. In many EU regions the level of unemployment among people aged under 25 exceeds 50% and those working are often subject to unstable contracting. What should be done to protect the youth from social exclusion and long-term unemployment?
We are offering 1 young person, aged 16-24, the opportunity to accompany us to Poland to be part of this panel as a commentator.
To be in with the chance to win you will be required to research and explore the work that takes place in your local community/town/region to support young people, tell us what works well, what challenges are being faced and what your ideas would be to practically and fairly support young people into employment.
- To enter you must be a Young Professional member of Youth Employment UK – It is free for young people aged 16-24 to join and you can do so by logging on to www.yeuk.org.uk
- You can submit your report in any media format you wish, we welcome written reports, video and presentations.
- Reports must be submitted before Wednesday 22nd February 12.00 (midday) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your report must show evidence of you researching activity taking place in your local community/town/city or region
- The winning report will contain constructive actions and ideas to be taken forward.
- The winner must hold a valid European passport and be able to travel between 26th – 28th March 2017
- This event will require the winner to stay overnight in Poland (accommodation and reasonable costs covered).
For more on our terms and conditions continue to the end of this post.
More information on the European Congress to Local Governments
The 3rd European Congress of Local Governments is to take place between 27 and 28 March 2017 in Cracow, Poland. The main topics to be covered include public finance, regional development, management, public administration, political marketing, waste disposal, health, education and training, social policy and tourism. The conference has become a platform for exchange of views and a meeting place for local politicians representing governments, non-governmental organisations and businesses. We expect more than 1000 guests to attend the Congress. Since 2015 we are cooperating with ICE Kraków Congress Centre as the conference venue.
Terms and conditions:
What You Need To Know:
We want to be as clear as possible on how you enter and the prize is drawn. Please read the details below and if you have any questions please contact : email@example.com
- This promotion is only open to UK residents with a valid passport up till and including 29th March
- Those professionally connected to Youth Employment are not allowed to enter.
- Competition Period: You can enter this competition until 12.00 Midday on 22nd February 2017
- You must be a Young Professional Member of Youth Employment UK
- You must complete the above brief in its entirety by the closing date.
- The winner will be picked after fair review by a panel selected independently at Youth Employment UK.
- We’ll contact the winner via the email you provided when entering within 2 working days of the end of the competition.
- If you are our lucky winner, you must respond to us within 3 days to confirm your attendance or we will then select a reserve winner.
- One winner will win the opportunity to represent Youth Employment UK, with reasonable expenses covered in Poland at the 3rd European convention of local governments, the winner will be a commentator for the discussion “Equal opportunities – local action for Youth Employment”
- Sorry, but you can’t transfer a prize to someone else or exchange it for something else or a cash alternative.
- If, for reasons we can’t control, the prize is no longer available, we will not be liable to provide an alternative prize.
The Legal stuff
- We will not accept cheating in any form, work must be your own. If you’re found to be cheating, you will be excluded.
- Unfortunately, if you suffer any loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with the competition, prize draw or prize itself (whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) Youth Employment UK won’t be liable for this.
- If someone or something tampers with this promotion in some way whether by fraud, technical failures, system errors or other issues, including any such failure which is within the control of Youth Employment UK or its agencies, Youth Employment UK and its agencies will not be responsible if the Promotion or the prize event not being capable of running as planned or for the non-inclusion of entries. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- In the event of any dispute our decision is final.
- You will travel with a member of the Youth Employment UK team who is DBS checked and Safeguard trained.
- You will be responsible for your behaviour and conduct whilst on this trip, representing Youth Employment UK in the best possible way at all times. You will be expected to undertake a number of tasks and responsibilities such as networking and presenting.
By entering you confirm that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
If you want to know who won, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org within one month of the end of the closing date of the competition.
These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.