The Youth Employment Group (YEG) are keen to ensure that Youth Voice is a central part of what they do. Watch our webinar and get involved – your youth voice matters.
Watch the Youth Employment Group Webinar
What is the Youth Employment Group?
The Youth Employment Group was founded by Impetus, the Institute of Employment Studies, The Prince’s Trust, Youth Employment UK and Youth Futures Foundation. It was set up in response to the COVID-19 and its impact on young people’s engagement with education, employment and training.
How does the Youth Employment Group work?
- The group meets weekly via virtual teleconferences.
- The YEG takes a shared learning approach. It will operate virtually until circumstances allow for face-to-face meetings.
- Additional engagement from members of the group will take place via email.
- The regularity and dates of meetings will continue to be agreed by the Secretariat in agreement with members.
- The YEG will have working groups to look at certain topics/issues.
What are the working groups?
There are six (6) working groups within the YEG:
- Reduce job-losses in the short term
- Provide employability support during lockdown
- Ensure a quality welfare-to-work system post lockdown
- Encourage a healthy youth labour market post lockdown
- Support viable & quality self-employment for young people
- Effective and accurate statistical measures and targets
Where do young people fit into the Youth Employment Group?
Young people are important to the group’s work. We need to hear about your experiences in order to come up with policy responses.
As a young person you can get involved with:
- Working groups that explore different issues
- Wider YEG meetings
- Participation in YEG surveys and projects
How do I sign up to the Youth Employment Group?
If you’re interested in being a part of this group, then great! We need you – all of you!
If you have any questions, just email the Youth Voice Team on email@example.com.