On Monday the 28th of January the APPG for Youth Employment held its first meeting of a new inquiry: Employer support for youth employment.
The APPG welcomed speakers from AELP and UKHospitality to give evidence at this first session. Youth Ambassadors asked some excellent questions of the speakers making for a very interesting and lively discussion.
The next meeting will take place on the 25th of February in the Houses of Parliament with speakers from the CBI and Careers and Enterprise Company.
An inquiry is now open for organisations to submit evidence and focuses on the following questions:
● What are the asks of government on employers regarding youth employment, are these appropriate, is there a strategic view across government of managing the expectation, supply and demand?
● Are schools, colleges and youth organisations able to manage the supply and demand needs they have?
● What are the challenges and opportunities of relying on the businesses community to fill some of these gaps?
● What is working well, what does a great employer look like?
● What could be done at a local and national level to support employers?
Evidence from this inquiry will be presented to the Minister for Skills and Apprenticeships in April.
Download the Series 5 – Inquiry information to find out how to submit evidence.