On 21st November Youth Employment UK held its Annual Impact Report at WorldSkills UK LIVE in Birmingham. Findings are detailed below… along with our newly launched Youth Friendly Employer Mark campaign.
2019 Impact Report – Preparing Young People for the World of Work
I am thrilled to share how much our work has grown this year. Here are some of the key headings and how they link to our theory of change –
Preparing young people for the world of work
- 1,000,000+ page views across our skills and careers content
- 90%+ of young people completing the Young Professional said they felt more confident they knew what the key employment skills were, why they were important and how they could grow them
- 80%+ of young people felt that they will continue to use the Young Professional resources to keep growing their skills
- 906 schools have registered with us
Ensure that young people have a voice and government policy is geared towards the needs of young people
- 47 Youth Ambassadors have volunteered with us
- Young people have spent 162 hours in parliament with us
- 3,008 young people shared their voice in this year’s Youth Voice Census
Connect young people to Youth Friendly Employers
- Our Youth Friendly Employers created 62,054 quality opportunities for young people to explore the world of work
- Our Youth Friendly Employers created 2,117 quality work experience opportunities
- Our Youth Friendly Employers created 2,028 quality employment opportunities for young people
Youth Friendly Employer Mark Campaign Launch
In addition, the WorldSkills UK LIVE event also saw the launch of our new campaign to encourage more employers to join us through the Youth Friendly Employer Mark. It’s a seal of quality and proof of commitment to the recruitment and development of passionate young professionals who are ready to make their mark. Employers can be recognised for the good work they do and gain more recognition for the youth opportunities they offer.
We know that by creating more quality opportunities together we can really shift the dial on youth unemployment. Our ambassadors are leading the charge on this campaign and we will be calling on you all to help us make a real change.
Thank you once again to our Youth Friendly Employers, ambassadors, supporters, patrons and friends. Without you this year would not have been possible! OUr additional thanks to WorldSkills UK for being such a great partner and for allowing us to share in your incredible event. And, last but by no means least, thanks to my incredible team who have been working hard to support our mission!