Submitted by Kate Lansley from YHA
Summer camps give young people the opportunity to gain independence through outdoor activities.
Volunteering in a fun and vibrant environment, your role will be to inspire and encourage campers to make the most out of their summer camp experience.
We are looking for people who:
* enjoy being around children and young people
* are flexible and able to handle the unexpected
* enjoy working in a team and have good communication and leadership skills.
* are reliable, responsible and able to maintain professional conduct at all times
* are organised and have good timekeeping
*enjoy working in a busy, high-energy environment
Your enthusiasm and willingness to try new experiences will be important in encouraging young people to make the most of activities on offer. All outdoor activities are delivered by qualified instructors so you don’t need any specialist activity skills.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over by 23 July 2016. Volunteers at Future Leader camps must be aged 20 or over due to the age of the participants (17-19 years).
You should apply for this role if you:
* are training to work with young people and need a summer placement or are currently working or volunteering with young people.
* have some experience of delivering activities and/or leading young people
* are willing to take an enhanced DBS check
* are available to volunteer in July/August 2016, preferably for two weeks
* have the Right to Work in the UK
Officially the deadline is 9th June, but we’re trying to encourage people to apply before then so that they have their pick of selection events. The selection events will be on:
- Saturday 7 May - YHA Manchester
- Saturday 21 May - YHA London Lee Valley
- Saturday 11th June - YHA Manchester
If you need any more information, please just let me know! You can contact me via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me:
Phone: 01629 592 646
If you would like to advertise a project you are running to support young people in your local community you do need to be a member, click here to join.