The CIPD have created a number of youth employment resources for organisations. This guide was produced to specifically help SME’s navigate all things youth employment back in 2015. It was created in partnership with Apprenticemakers and holds valuable advice and guidance for employers looking to recruit young people.
The tool covers:
- Why your business should invest in young people – The business case
- The different routes into your business that you can offer young people
- How home-grown talent will fill your future skills gaps
- Recruiting the right young people for your business
- Managing and developing young people
- The practicalities – what you need to have in place when a young person begins
- Case studies from SMEs
Download the interactive guide below:
Please note that the information contained in the toolkit was accurate at the time it was first produced and some information may need to be checked against current policy.