You can now listen to the webinar lead by Laura-Jane Rawlings and Ambassador Patrick Cantellow on the impact of Covid-19 on youth employment.
In this webinar LJ explores the challenges seen from the last recession and what that may mean for young people facing the Covid Crisis alongside their health, education and social well-being. Much work has been done by educators, providers and youth organisations to mitigate some of those challenges but there is still much to be done and unfortunately there will still be young people falling through gaps of provision.
Patrick leads a conversation on how organisations (employers, providers and policy makers) can support young people and ensure that they are helping to create new services and policy responses.
The Covid-19 Youth Employment Group (co-chaired by Youth Employment UK) is working at a really fast pace to analyse the evidence beginning to emerge and to help develop policy recommendations to support the thinking of policy makers. Organisations and individuals can find out more by joining its active LinkedIn Group.
Finally we discuss the need for employers in particular to help young people feel connected to opportunities and to lead the way in redeveloping youth employment strategies that will account for the impact C-19 has on our young future workforce.
Download the slide-deck here to access links to key resources CEO Webinar April 2020
Some of the ways you can work with Youth Employment UK
- Sign up to be a Youth Friendly Employer and access all of our expert support and resources to help your organisation
- Work with us on your brand awareness and recruitment campaigns to reach the 100,000 + young people accessing our site every month
- Support young people by encouraging them to access the free skills and careers resources for them, including the Young Professional
- Learn more about our policy work, research and reports and find out how you can get involved
- Don’t forget to sign up to our Newsletter!