Laura-Jane Rawlings is our very own boss and leader here at Youth Employment UK, and the story of how she started helping young people break down social barriers to get the rewarding careers they dserved is amazing. Check out the podcast!
Career podcast listening notes
Laura-Jane’s story covers:
- How growing up in Kettering, Northamptonshire, influenced her early work experiences
- the moment a new career in recruitment inspired the foundations of Youth Employment UK
- why she thinks work experience is a great way for young people to develop their employability skills
- why glass ceilings often seen as barriers to social mobility were made to be broken
- career highlights so far as a CEO
- the importance of support communities in striking a work-life balance
If you ever have the luck to meet LJ you’ll be captivated by her passion for helping young people to become the best version of themselves, no matter their background. Steve the Branding Man got to work with her and really appreciated how she uses her voice to lobby those ‘in power’ showing them how youth engagement needs to be done. Laura-Jane is a passionate campaigner for youth employment and the rights for all young people to access employment and have their voices heard on the issues that affect them. Laura-Jane believes that it is for all of us to create a youth friendly society so that young people can fulfil their potential.