WEBINAR: Steve Keith, Founder and Chief Behavioural Officer of The Branding Man, and passionate LGBT+ community champion will be joined by Youth Employment UK Youth Ambassador Deuvaunn to discuss some of the misconceptions and challenges facing the LGBT+ community.
- A snapshot of the challenges LGBT+ people still face in the workplace
- Myth busting what inclusion is, and what it is not
- Explaining the + in LGBT+ and what the rainbow flag actually represents in the LGBT+ community
- #SlapARainbowOnIt: Why I think brands need to commit to the LGBT+ community long after the Pride party is over
- Deuvaunn’s personal experiences as a young person who identifies with the LGBT+ community
- Strategies for starting the difficult conversations needed to become a truly inclusive LGBT+ employer
What will participants receive?
- A copy of the webinar recording, including a transcript that may be shared with an unlimited number of internal colleagues
- A practical resource guide
The webinar is free to Youth Friendly Employer Mark Members and there is a small charge for non-members. Non-members can have the webinar fee reduced from membership costs if a Youth Friendly Employer Mark Application Form is received within two weeks of accessing the webinar.
Be recognised for your LGBT-friendly youth employment practice
Did you know that Youth Employment UK is home to the Youth Friendly Employer Mark? The Mark allows a business to be recognised for its positive approach to youth employment. In a recent survey more than 93% of young people said they would be more interested in applying for a job if that employer had been checked out for offering decent job opportunities for young people? And had a Youth Friendly Employer seal of quality?
As a Youth Friendly Employer Mark holder you are entitled to:
- Full use of the Youth Friendly Employer Mark (93% of young people said that they would more likely apply to a company with the Mark)
- Youth Friendly Employer Certificate
- Listing on the Youth Friendly Employer Database accessed by young people using the careers website
- Access to free webinars that include advice and support on all youth employment topics, including: Apprenticeships, Recruitment, Work Experience, Diversity & Inclusion
- Access to Youth Employment UK expert team for your specific inquiries and/or support needs
- Invitation to Youth Employment UK Annual Celebration Event
- Opportunity to attend APPG for Youth Employment UK meetings in Parliament and help shape Youth Employment UK policy work
In addition to membership to the Youth Friendly Employer Mark, organisations can upgrade their membership to include an Employer Profile on the Careers Hub. An Employer Profile operates as a mini-microsite and helps brands to engage with our youth audience (70,000+ young people per month), bringing the organisation to life through images, videos and inspiring careers content.