Discover all the universities in Youth Friendly West Midlands along with their specialisations and contact details. See which one is best-suited to you!
Aston University, Birmingham
Specialism: Business and technology
Aston University is a self-contained campus, within 5-10 minutes-walk of the main shopping, business and entertainment areas of Birmingham city centre.
Aston University is one of the leading UK University for business and technical professions.
- For more information about student life, and the opportunity to talk directly to existing students https://www2.aston.ac.uk/student-life
- The Undergraduate Admissions Team can be contacted 0121 204 3030 – email@example.com you can also access all contact details for Aston University by following – https://www2.aston.ac.uk/about/contact
- Open days can be accessed by going to https://www2.aston.ac.uk/opendays
Birmingham City University
Specialism: Art & Design, Media, Health
Birmingham City University comprises three main campuses, with additional sites located throughout the city all offering a wide range of exciting courses with state-of-the-art facilities. They include the following:
City Centre Campus – The Curzon Building, Millennium Point and The Parkside Building.
City South Campus – Home to the Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences in Edgbaston
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire – Near the Curzon Building and a short walk from Moor Street Station.
Birmingham School of Art, Margaret Street – A purpose-built art school on the heart of the city.
School of Jewellery – In the heart of Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter
BCUIC (University House) – Home to Birmingham City University College
They serve four faculties, and offer courses in art and design, business, the built environment, computing, education, engineering, English, healthcare, law, the performing arts, social sciences, and technology.
- For more information on student life in Birmingham visit https://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/why-study-at-bcu/living-in-birmingham
- The Admissions Team can be contacted on 0121 331 6295 or for further information on how to apply visit https://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/how-to-apply
- Open days can be booked via https://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/open-days
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham is a leading global university with the campus based in Edgbaston, only 7 minutes away from the thriving city centre from its own University train station. Owing to Birmingham’s role as a centre of light engineering, the university traditionally had a special focus on science, engineering and commerce, as well as coal mining. It now teaches a full range of academic subjects and has five-star rating for teaching and research in several departments.
- For more information on campus life at the University visit https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/study/birmingham/campus/campus-life.aspx
- For information on courses and applying visit https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/study/applicant-information.aspx
- To book in for an open day visit https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/visit/opendays/index.aspx
University College Birmingham
Specialism: hospitality and the culinary arts, hairdressing and beauty, tourism, business enterprise, marketing, business management, accounting, finance, events management, sports management, sports medicine, sports therapy and Early Years education.
Their campuses are based right in the centre of the city’s business and hotel district, opening up no end of placement and work opportunities for the students. They have outstanding facilities such as training restaurants and aesthetics clinic, to a state-of-the-art mock plane cabin, cutting-edge sports facilities and a financial trading suite – University College Birmingham provides real-life, industry working environments.
Their campuses include:
Moss House – 10 minute walk from the city centre, featuring a host of cutting-edge facilities for everything from nursing and social work to physiotherapy.
Summer Row – Hub of University life and located by the bustling Colmore business district
McIntrye House – The University’s new purpose-built centre on Holland Street for undergraduate and postgraduate study underpinned by the latest technology.
Richmond House – Home to facilities such as a gym, spa and hairdressing studios, based in Newhall street, close to Summer Row.
The Link – Close to Summer Row, it is the home to the University Library and Academic Skills Centre.
Camden House – Based on East Parade, it is the home to the Technology Hub and offers a large and comfortable study space.
- For more information on student life have a look at some of the student stories on https://www.ucb.ac.uk/about-us/student-stories/
- Information on how to apply visit https://www.ucb.ac.uk/study/how-to-apply/undergraduate-application/ucb-apply-direct/, you can contact admissions on 0121 604 1040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for an open day at https://www.ucb.ac.uk/open-days/
Specialism: Engineering and Design – Automotive
Coventry is a vibrant student city ideal for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. So much so, that the city has been recognised as the 5th best student city in the UK. All student buildings are based in the city centre and in walkable distance to all the shops, restaurants and bars.
- For more information on student life visit https://www.coventry.ac.uk/life-on-campus/student-life/
- For information on how to apply, https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/apply-now/
- Register your interest for an open day at https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/visit-our-open-days/
Harper Adams University
The university is set on a 635-hectare farm and is the leading specialist university tackling the future development of the planet’s food production, processing, animal sciences, engineering, land management and sustainable business. On campus accommodation is available meaning you are never far away from the action with the main bar, the cosy Welly Inn, sports fields and kitchen diners there is always an exciting social scene. But campus isn’t far away from the nearest thriving town of Newport with a wide range of cafes, restaurants, supermarkets and bars.
- Speak to some of the students and staff about life at Harper on a live chat https://www.harper-adams.ac.uk/university-life/speak-to-a-student/
- For information on how to apply visit, https://www.harper-adams.ac.uk/apply/how-to-apply/ or contact admissions on 0195281500 or email email@example.com.
Keele University is a self-contained campus only 3 miles away from Newcastle-under-Lyme where you will find a student friendly high street with plenty of eateries, bars, a cinema and four big supermarkets. They offer more than 300 degree programmes from undergraduate to postgraduate level, being highly renowned for its Medicine degree (voted number 1 in 2016) as well as its Physiotherapy, Nursing and Pharmacy degree. What’s more, the University has partnerships with over 70 different overseas universities situated all around the world, offering the majority of students to undertake a year or a semester of studies abroad.
- To find out more about campus life take a virtual tour on https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/campuslife/
- For information on how to apply visit https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book yourself onto an open day via https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/opendays/undergraduateopendays/
Newman University, Birmingham
Specialism: Originally a teacher training college and continue to offer teacher training courses
Located only a few miles from Birmingham city centre in a quiet residential area, Newman University has a tranquil and focused learning environment whilst also being within arm’s reach of the bustling city centre.
All of the University’s undergraduate programmes include a mandatory Work Placement module, allowing students to get experience in real-work settings.
- You can talk to current students about studying at Newman University at https://www.newman.ac.uk/study/chat-to-our-students/
- For information on how to apply visit https://www.newman.ac.uk/study/how-to-apply/ or contact admissions on 0121 476 1181 or by email email@example.com
- To book on to an open day visit https://www.newman.ac.uk/study/open-days/
Arden University (formerly RDI) is the first dedicated Distance Learning university in the UK since the Open University was formed more than 50 years ago. Within a couple of minutes’ walk from Birmingham New Street station, Arden study centre is the perfect study environment available for all students. Arden offers a broad variety of Degrees, Top-up Degrees, Master’s and MBAs that can be studied via Online Learning or Blended Learning, covering subjects including Business, Law and Marketing, to Psychology, Criminology and Healthcare.
- Find out more from other students of Arden University at https://arden.ac.uk/studying-with-us/what-our-students-say/who-studies-with-us
- To apply online visit https://arden.ac.uk/studying-with-us/about-arden/how-to-apply
- To register for an open day visit https://arden.ac.uk/studying-with-us/study-centres/open-days
Specialism: Healthcare education and digital technology
Their main campus is located in Stoke-on-Trent and is a hub of activity, close to the city and transport giving plenty of options. They deliver world class healthcare education at their specialist Centres of Excellence in Stafford and Shrewsbury. A leading university for digital technologies, they are always building on their proud computing heritage and strong reputation for computer games courses.
- For more information about life on campus and to speak to students visit https://www.staffs.ac.uk/student-life/life-on-campus
- Information on how to apply can be found at https://www.staffs.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/how-to-apply
- Book on to an open day at https://www.staffs.ac.uk/visit/undergraduate-open-day
University of Warwick
The university is located in the heart of England, 3 miles from the centre of Coventry, on the border with Warwickshire. The university has excellent transport and is surrounded by endless places to eat, drink, shop or relax. Warwick University is one of the UK’s leading Universities known for excellence in research and with links for business and industry. The University has 29 academic departments and over 50 research centres and institutes, in three Faculties: Arts, Science, Engineering and Medicine and Social Sciences.
- More information about student life visit https://warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/life/
- Find out how to apply at https://warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/
- Register for an open day at https://warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/opendays
University of Wolverhampton
There are three main campuses based in Wolverhampton, Telford and Walsall, all of which are in close proximity to the city centres all offering a range of bars, restaurants and shops. The campuses cover subjects within: Arts; Education, Health and Wellbeing; Science and Engineering; and Social Sciences. While each campus has areas of specialism, some subjects – such as nursing – are available at several locations.
- Speak with a current student to find out more information https://www.wlv.ac.uk/university-life/speak-to-a-student/
- Find out how to apply at https://www.wlv.ac.uk/apply/how-to-apply/
- Attend an open day, apply at https://www.wlv.ac.uk/news-and-events/open-day/
University of Worcester
Specialism: Nursing and Midwifery, Psychology, Teacher Education and Sports Science
Worcester is a student city and offers all the benefits of a big city combined with the community spirit and safety of a smaller town and when you want to take a break, idyllic Worcestershire countryside and the Malvern Hills are within easy reach. The University of Worcester, which began life as an emergency teacher training college for the University of Birmingham in 1946, is now the only higher education institution in Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Worcester continues to excel in the subjects of Nursing and Midwifery, Psychology, Teacher Education and Sports Science, which recently benefitted from a newly opened 2,000-seat stadium.
There are four campuses:
- St John’s Campus – home to the University’s central services, St John’s student village, sports facilities, the Peirson Study and Guidance Centre and bespoke teaching spaces for all subject areas.
- City Campus – is located in Worcester City Centre and is home to the University’s Worcester Business School, The Hive library, Jenny Lind building and the McClelland Health and Wellbeing Centre.
- Severn Campus – Situated between the St John’s Campus and the City Campus, the Severn Campus is home to the University Arena, the Riverside building and The Garage art studios.
- Lakeside Campus – Located just outside Worcester our Lakeside Campus is a fantastic outdoor learning and activity centre.
- For more information on the campus and a virtual tour visit https://www.worcester.ac.uk/life/virtual-tour.aspx
- To book onto an open day visit https://www.worcester.ac.uk/study/open-days/book-your-place.aspx
- For information on how to apply go to https://www.worcester.ac.uk/study/find-a-course/how-to-apply/home.aspx or call on 01905 855111 and email firstname.lastname@example.org