Thirty of the UK’s most recognised businesses and organisations have joined forces to launch the Mental Health At Work Commitment with the ambition to encourage employers of all sizes to join and improve standards of mental health care among the workforce.
Based on 6 clear standards the Commitment provides a framework based on what best practice has shown is needed to make a difference and better equip employers to create an environment where employees can thrive.
Four in ten (39%) employees say work has contributed to their mental health problems over the last 12 months and 300,000 people lose their jobs every year because of a long-term mental health problem,
More about the standards:
Based on best practise from the Thriving at Work review the standards are:
- Prioritise mental health in the workplace by developing and delivering a systematic programme of activity
- Proactively ensure work design and organisational culture drive positive mental health outcomes
- Promote an open culture around mental health
- Increase organisational confidence and capability
- Provide mental health tools and support
- Increase transparency and accountability through internal and external reporting
The Mental Health at Work Website has a range of resources available to support employers of all sizes.