The Youth Futures Foundation are looking for young board members. There is a full information pack for the role here.
This role is suitable for anyone 16-25 years old who is passionate about supporting young people to fulfil their potential, no matter what their background is. You will be required to participate 12/13 days a year, be paid the London Living Wage, and have your expenses covered. This role is suitable for those not in work and those who are!
The Youth Futures Foundation’s current Board of Directors is made up of six members, including the Chair, with lots of experience between them including youth employment issues, public and statutory sector governance, policy, business, finance, operations, management and consultancy.
They take youth voice very seriously and are committed to ensuring that young people’s voices are meaningfully involved at all levels of the organisation.
They are recruiting two young people to the Board, bringing with them fresh insight, energy and lived experience – so thank you for your interest so far!
What does a Young Board Member do?
By joining the Youth Futures Foundation’s Board of Directors, you will:
- Bring your perspectives and lived experiences to the Board.
- Ensure the mission, purpose and values of the organisation are maintained
- Act as an enthusiastic ambassador for the organisation to help raise its profile.
- Contribute to the overall direction and development of the organisation through your input, supporting our strategic planning and good governance.
- Be proactive in developing the YFF’s network in the private, public and voluntary and community sectors through representation, and linkages with key people and decision makers.
- Build a positive relationship with the staff team that promotes honesty, transparency and accountability. Support the development of the team, and assist with recruitment, where relevant.
- Act as a guardian of YFF’s ‘assets’ (such as its funding), to ensure that they are only used for the mission of the organisation.
- Have the same legal powers and responsibilities as all other YFF Directors.
As a young member of the Board you will help support and deliver YFF’s commitment to ensuring the involvement of young people in their mission and will be expected to work closely with and participate in YFF’s national Youth Advisory Board (which will be set up in the coming months).