Are you passionate about working with children and young people and eager to kickstart your career in Play Work or Early Childhood Education? Ixion may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Ixion are recruiting 10 trainees to join a 6-week traineeship programme at PACE‘s Playcentres in Camden. Trainees will work in either their Pre-school or Play Services placements and get real-life experience in their area of choice, with a guaranteed interview for a Level 2 Early Childhood Practitioner Apprenticeship.
- Gain independence and confidence
- Meet like-minded young people
- An opportunity to progress to an Apprenticeship
- Gain the key skills and work experience to progress in your chosen career
An Ixion traineeship also provides you with a training allowance of £40.00 per week during your placement to support costs such as travel. If you are in receipt of benefits these will not be affected.
- Applications close 28 April 2021
- Camden, London
- Remote learning with a practical work placement at PACE’s Playcentre
Successful candidates will initially complete a 6-week Traineeship and gain the following qualifications and employability and work skills:
- Communication skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Level 1 Work Skills qualification
- Level 2 English and maths (if required)
- Digital Skills
You will join PACE’s Playcentres for 70+ hours of practical work experience where you will work directly with children.
With PACE you will be guaranteed an interview for a Level 2 Early Years Practioner Apprenticeship position at the end of your traineeship.
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving you the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Further support includes: Mental health and wellbeing, safeguarding, equality and diversity, Covid-19 updates, personal presentation guidance and advice.
Traineeships are not paid, however trainees are given a training allowance of £40 per week which does not affect your benefits allowance.
- You need to be 16-24
- Not in employment, education or training
- Only be qualified to a Level 2 (16-18) or Level 3 (19-24)