This virtual learning and experience programme is just what you need to get started in a software engineering career and could lead to an apprenticeship. You don’t need tech experience or qualifications to apply!
Application Deadline: 24th August 2020 at 10.00am
What’s the programme?
Keen to kickstart your career as a software engineer but not sure where to start? By joining the 6 week Tech Talent Accelerator programme, you’ll build core IT and coding skills, and afterwards you’ll gain guaranteed entry to the WhiteHat Talent Matching Pool for software engineering apprentices.
You don’t need any existing tech qualifications or experience to apply – we just care that you’re passionate about tech.
What’s a software engineer?
Software Engineering is the most advertised digital technology role in the UK, and digital careers are on the rise. Have you ever wanted to build a website, develop a
game or write software to help with medical research? Software engineers are the people that are behind those things and more!
Every business needs software to function and software requires people who can build it. As a software engineer, you’ll be writing
code to develop new features, fixing bugs, reviewing existing code, designing products, improving user experience, and helping to
make technical decisions.
What you’ll cover
Through interactive, hands-on sessions, you’ll learn the following skills…
- Intro to Software Engineering
- Apply your coding skills to tech-powered projects
- Behaviours and mindsets to be successful in the end role
- You’ll learn the skills while being supported by a mentor during the 12 week programme & 6 months post programme while you are transitioning into work
- Guaranteed entry to WhiteHat’s talent pool.
- L4 Software Engineering apprenticeship (18 months)
Who can apply?
You just need to be…
- Aged 18-24 and have the right to live in the UK
- Already have 5 GCSEs at C-A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Available for 6 weeks from the 28th Sept and ready to start a 18 month apprenticeship straight after the course
- You have already started exploring your interest in computing, technology and coding
- Living in a London Borough
- Not a graduate
How do I get a place?
1. First register online at: https://rebrand.ly/1rgcrx6
2. Complete a series of online tasks
3. Come to a taster session in August (we’ll send you the details when you register)
4. Interview with us via Zoom