Do you need a helping hand getting your career started? Perhaps you need advice on interview technique, or maybe you aren’t sure where to begin when it comes to finding a job.
The FREE Steps Ahead Mentoring Programme is here to help. It’ll match you with an expert in the world of work, who can give you the practical advice and confidence needed to help you find and secure work.
How does it work?
Steps Ahead is a free national mentoring programme supporting people to be in a better position to find work. It is delivered by the CIPD, a registered charity that champions better work and working lives.
Across England, Scotland and Wales, jobseekers are referred to Steps Ahead Mentoring by referral partner organisations such as Jobcentre Plus. You can also refer yourself to receive support.
You will get one-to-one remote support from CIPD members, who volunteer their unique insight and knowledge of the world of work to help you develop your confidence and skills to be in better position to find a job in the industry of your choice.
Together with your mentor, you will work on what you find most challenging, from creating a great CV to developing your interview technique.
How Can I apply?
To be eligible you need to be:
- aged 18-24, a parent or carer looking to return to work
- currently unemployed
- resident in the UK with the right to work.
We ask that you are:
- reliable and committed to attending sessions, at the agreed time
- open to developing skills
- motivated and willing to accept constructive feedback
- work ready, or ready for an employment alternative (for example, apprenticeship, traineeship, work placement)
- willing to dedicate time to follow up after sessions (for example, update CV, draft cover letter).
Find out more and apply here.