The objective of this virtual programme is to inspire young people to follow a career path in the construction industry whilst gaining an insight into the various roles in construction from key construction companies.
Construction NI Boot Camp Schedule.
· The programme will be delivered virtually by Google Classroom on the Speakers for Schools platform
· The programme will last for 3 school days commencing at 9:20 and finishing at 15:00.
· It is comprised of 12 one-hour sessions i.e., 4 sessions per day
· Time will be allocated for regular student breaks i.e., 3 thirty-minute breaks per day
· 10 exploration online activities are available to undertake after placement
· Employer content will be a mixture of presentations, films, virtual tours, activities and student interactions etc.
· The 7 key Construction Companies are Farrans, OHMG Group, Graham, Heron Bros., Henry Bros., Dawson Wam & Specialist Joinery Group
· The 5 Organisations are The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), The Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE), the Careers Service NI, Belfast Metropolitan College and Workplus
· Up to 250 placements are available
· It is important to note that this is not an accredited course however undertaking steps to employment will boost young people’s prospects of obtaining future employment opportunities in the construction sector.
For further information on this opportunity please click here