MAMA Youth Project and What’s Up TV training offers a unique opportunity for individuals to train and gain entry into TV employment. Find out more…
The scheme runs for 14 weeks and could be the golden ticket to a prosperous career in TV. We are proud to say that we have helped over 500 young people from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds on their way to make a mark in the media industry. 96% of our alumni are still in sustained employment a year after completion.
What’s Up TV Training Bootcamp
Participants will be training in their chosen role and making a broadcast TV show for Sky.
We recruit 24 trainees in total and no previous experience is needed, just 100% commitment. Trainees must be 18 years plus and not be in education or employment, since it is a full time commitment. Participants can choose to train in one of the following roles:
- Trainee Production Manager (1 place)
- Trainee Production Coordinator (3 places)
- Trainee Researcher (13 places)
- Trainee Camera Operator (2 places)
- Trainee Location Sound Operator (2 places)
- Trainee Video Editor (3 places)
The What’s Up TV Training consists of:
- 4 weeks free bootcamp training and upon successful completion, trainees will be eligible to apply for a further 10 weeks of full-time paid employment training (National Minimum Wage), working on a Sky show, followed by:
- 4 to 8 weeks full time paid work placement either at SKY or another industry partner.
- 6 months of career follow up support, such as recommending alumni to employers, CV workshops and interview techniques geared towards the broadcast industry.
1-minute behind-the-scenes guide to your training:
Most of the training takes place at Sky TV Osterley Campus, TW7 5QD following strict Covid-19 health and safety guidelines. However, due to the current situation, many sessions will happen remotely.
16th of November – 19th of February 2021. Trainee Production Manager and Trainee Production Coordinators start earlier on the 10th of November 2020. Please note: because of the current pandemic the start date may vary.
Candidates should follow the step by step guide on our website https://www.mamayouth.org.uk/training/whats-up-tv-trainingto complete the application process.
Application deadline is the 22nd of September 2020.
The recruitment process is based around self referral: candidates fill out to the best of their abilities an application form which can be downloaded from our website .