It’s Catering & Hospitality month here at Youth Employment UK and all month long we’ll be running a campaign to inspire young people aged 14-24 to consider careers in the sector.
The campaign will:
- Target 14-24 year olds who are in education, employment and training and those who are unemployed
- Showcase a range of career roles and pathways available in the sector
- Provide impartial information, case studies, tips and advice to young people on the routes into the sector – traineeships, apprenticeships, graduate roles etc
- Introduce young people to the range of employers invested in supporting young people in the sector
- Encourage young people to become Young Professionals and build their skills and confidence for employment, education and training.
Why is it important that we support young people to consider careers in the Catering & Hospitality Sectors?
- 1.3 million employees will have to be recruited by 2024 (People 1st)
- Retention in the sector remains low, of the 1.3 million employees which need to be recruited 975,000 will be replacing staff (People 1st) providing clear job information, expectations and pathways will part of the solution
- Supporting employers in the sector to be more Youth Friendly can improve staff retention
- Support the work the industry is already doing to change the image of Hospitality
- Encouraging more young people to understand the options within the industry and actively seek them
What can you do to support the campaign?
- If you offer career inspiration, work experience or employment to young people apply for the free national youth friendly employer kite mark: Talent Match Mark
- If you believe your attraction, recruitment and support processes for young people could stand up against the highest youth friendly standards (or would like them to) apply for the Platinum Talent Match Mark
- If you want young people to see you as a youth friendly employer of choice and build your brand amongst young jobseekers and soon-to-be jobseekers apply for an employer profile on the Youth Employment UK careers hub.
Contact email@example.com for more information or call 01536 680916