The University Hospitals Birmingham’s Health Care Careers & Development department (HCCD) aims to assist unemployed people within the local community back into work by providing high quality pre-employment training, advice and guidance.
This course covers online training that focuses on employment within the NHS. Training is currently part-time for a period of 12 weeks. Due to Covid restrictions, all training is currently online so confidence in using technology is needed. You will be supported by our pastoral team throughout all training and job seeking activities.
We offer online training that focuses on employment within the NHS. Typical course content may include:
- Registering on NHS jobs ? Completing an NHS application form
- Interview preparation
- Care Certificate Awareness
- Essential IT skills
- AQA Infection Control
- Team Work
- Customer Service
- Presentation skills
- Pastoral support throughout your 12 weeks of training to ensure that you keep learning and remain focused and engaged in your job searching activities.
We do not guarantee that you gain employment but we do provide specialist NHS training that will make your application and interview skills stand out from the crowd.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria and be interested in a career within the NHS. If you do then we would like to hear from you:
- Age 18 or over
- Have references that cover the previous 3 years
- Live within the Birmingham or Solihull local authority area
- Are not currently undertaking any employment, education or training
For more information and details on how to apply visit the Movement to Work Website.