Apply to be a Grocery Merchandiser with Youth Friendly Employer Coca-Cola European Partners and help raise the visibility of iconic drinks around supermarkets in your territory in the Luton area. If you want a career with great training and opportunities, this could be it! Perks include your own company iPhone!
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Do you like the idea of working in a very varied environment? Do you live in the Luton/Milton Keynes area, and have you got your own car? Read on…
Merchandiser (Grocery), Aylesbury & Leighton Buzzard
- Youth Friendly Employer: Coca-Cola European Partners
- Contract: 12 Month FTC
- Job type: part time
Join one of the world’s most recognisable brands as a Grocery Merchandiser in the field sales team. This entry-level position is perfect for you if you want the chance to go far. You’ll get to develop your skills with best in class training and support, and be part of an iconic brand, too.
Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. You can be a part of their mission to build the future – part of a special and iconic brand that all started with a secret recipe.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll get plenty of training and support to make sure you can carry out your daily activities with confidence. Your mission as a Grocery Merchandiser is to increase the visibility and availability of iconic beverages like Coca-Cola across supermarkets in your local territory. You can achieve this by:
- Checking to see what store priorities are before you call them, so you can get in touch with confidence that you know what they need.
- Signing into the store and introducing yourself to key store contacts – it’s great to build relationships as part of your working day.
- Merchandising CCEP products, making sure stock is out on the shelves, priced correctly and displayed in the way that the supermarkets have agreed to do.
- Sometimes you might put together special promotional displays to help shoppers know about great deals going on.
- Highlighting any issues with stock to key store contacts so that everyone is in the know about what drinks are needed and where.
- Providing feedback on competitor activity – when you walk into a supermarket, you can get a good feel for how competitors are doing!
- Using your influencing skills to agree additional space and displays of products. With training, you will build field sales and negotiating skills that will help you hugely in your future career.
- At the end of the call, you’ll answer question sets about the call on the CCEP mobile app.
Job application tips: Useful skills
When you apply for this role, it will really help your application if you can show CCEP you have these skills. If you have past experience of using these skills, or feel you could be good at them if given support and training, you could be perfect for the role.
- Communication skills: a very important part of this job is building good working relationships with colleagues and in-store contacts, as well as being able to influence customers.
- Problem solving skills: When a customer needs something, you will take a flexible and proactive approach that shows you will listen to what they want or need and go the extra mile to see if you can help them out.
- Basic digital skills: Part of your job involves using mobile apps for inventory and administrative purposes. You won’t have used these apps before, but you will get training in them – and they are quite easy to use once you know how!
- Basic fitness – there will be a bit of physical activity involved in this job. As well as driving around, you will need to handle branded packs and do things like put up special promotional displays.
What you will get: salary, perks and extras
- A 20 hour working week
- Competitive salary
- 45 pence per business mile (that’s your car fuel costs)
- Your own company iPhone – nice perk!
- Pension & share plan (it’s really useful to have these, even when you’re young and not thinking about pensions)
- A whole range of flexible benefits
What do you need to apply?
- You must be able to work in the UK
- You must be able to use your own car, and have a full driving license & business insurance
CCEP welcome you to a workplace where you’ll be inspired to be the best you can be. You’ll get support and training, and be part of something special as you aim for your personal career goals. Sound good? Apply now.
Please note: CCEP operates a fully diverse hiring policy. People of all genders, backgrounds and orientations are welcome to apply.