HMRC have released their step by step guide to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) detailing what information employers need to access the scheme as well as the process involved.
Before you start, to be eligible:
- You must agree with the employee that they are a ‘furloughed worker’
- Employees must be notified that they have been furloughed
- Employees must be furloughed for a minimum of three weeks
- The employee cannot do any work for the employer that has furloughed them
- You can claim 80% of wages up to a maximum of £2,500 per month per furloughed employee.
- A separate claim is needed for each PAYE scheme.
- You can only claim for furloughed employees that were on your PAYE payroll on or before 19 March 2020.
- An RTI submission notifying payment in respect of that employee to HMRC must have been made on or before 19 March 2020.
- You must have a UK bank account.
How long will it take to receive payments?
At present the guidance states that payments will take 6 working days.
If you are making the claim yourself you will need:
- The number of employees being furloughed
- The dates employees have been furloughed to and from
- Details of employees – the name and National Insurance Number of each furloughed employee
- Your employer PAYE scheme reference number
- Your Corporation Tax Unique Taxpayer Reference, Self-Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference or Company Registration Number as appropriate for your entity
- Your UK bank account details
- Your organisation’s registered name
- Your organisation’s address
When you are ready to make your claim you will need to do so here.