Apprentice Parts Sales Advisor – Imperial Commercials
Seeking young communication gurus looking to get into sales and customer services in the go-getting world of big trucks!
Are you looking for a sales and customer services apprenticeship with great prospects? A fun, friendly and fast-paced job where you get calls from all over the UK from people needing the right vehicle part for the right job at the right time, and you have your finger on the pulse to track down exactly what they need?
Here at Imperial Commercials – the UK’s leading truck makers – we believe in growing and developing our own talent. We’re looking for a confident and enthusiastic go-getter to join our Parts Division, and we’re offering a DAF vehicle parts apprenticeship programme that will really take you places.
DAF Apprentice of the Year 2017. Could this be you?
What do you get out of an Imperial Commercials apprenticeship? In-house and manufacturer training to help you become the best you can be, and fantastic progression prospects once your apprenticeship is complete.
We’re here to help you become a leader and an expert in your field, not leave you stranded by the side of the road.
DID YOU KNOW?
Imperial Commercials were named one of the Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers in the UK in 2011. Since then we’ve gone from strength to strength in giving our apprentices an incredible training programme to set them up for life.
Join Imperial Commercials as an apprentice and you’ll get to know your way around the world of trucks and transport in a social and welcoming environment. PLUS: we’ll go the extra mile to help you develop a range of vital communications skills that will help smooth your journey into the exciting world of communications and sales.
Industry: Transport and Logistics
What will you be doing?
You’ll work towards an Level 2 DAF Vehicle Parts Apprenticeship with Skillnet over a period of 24 months.
As an Apprentice in our parts division, you will:
- Provide our internal and external clients and partners with professional, reliable and efficient customer service.
- Learn how to identify commercial vehicle parts to support sales, both face to face and over the phone.
- Be trained to undertake regular stock checks, relocating parts when required, with a strong focus on organisation
- Develop the skills to ensure the warehouse is a safe place to work by optimising space
- Work towards a nationally recognised level 2 qualification, and receive exceptional ongoing support via our training partners.
Who are we looking for?
As an Apprentice with Imperial Commercials, you will need to:
- Have a keen interest in the motor industry
- Be able to follow instructions, and have a good eye for detail
- Be a highly motivated team player, with the ability to use own initiative
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships
A minimum of grade 4 (formerly C Grade) in English & Maths (GCSE or equivalent) is required.
What's in it for you?
When you join Imperial Commercials, from Day 1 you’ll have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 31 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
- Retail discounts saving £££’s at high street stores, on-line and in supermarkets
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme
- Discounted BUPA Healthcare scheme
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our team.
How to apply
All applicants will be interviewed over the telephone followed by a selection day interview.
If you would like further information on our Apprentice Programme or want to register your interest please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discover Imperial Commercials
Find out more about Imperial Commercials right here on Youth Employment UK.
We put our heart and soul into our core values:
- Our people are our most important asset
- We are performance driven for excellent service
- We act with integrity
- Together we make a difference
- We are entrepreneurial and financially responsible.
Imperial Commercials are the largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group across the whole of the UK. We have 39 dealer locations, including the largest DAF Trucks dealer group within the UK.
Imperial Commercial’s manufacturing partners are; DAF Trucks, ISUZU Trucks, Man Trucks, Renault, Volkswagen, Ford, Fiat Professional, Isuzu pick-ups, Nissan and LDV Vans. We employ 1,700 employees in the UK of which roughly 500 are technician grades.
We are passionate about providing technical training for technical employees. Visit our Apprenticeship Programme to learn more.