HGV Vehicle Technician Jobs – Young Jobseeker Info
HGV Vehicle Technician Jobs with Imperial Commercials… did you know?
When you’re on the motorway and a giant lorry or truck passes you by – which is most probably four times bigger than the vehicle you’re in – do you ever consider how they work? What is possibly involved in the construction of these road beasts? If you think you’d like to know, and even make a career out it, then you could become a heavy goods vehicle (HGV) technician at Imperial Commercials. HGV Vehicle Technician Apprenticeships are available too.
What entry qualifications and training do you need for this job?
You’ll need three GCSEs or their equivalents in English, maths and IT (minimum grade C/4 and above in each) to apply.
You can also apply if you have a Level 3 NVQ (Motor Vehicle).
What skills do you need for HGV Vehicle Technician Jobs with Imperial Commercials?
Useful skills to highlight in your CV, cover letter and interview include:
- Ability to solve problems when faced with pressured situations
- Flexibility around shifts
- Very strong communicator and motivator
- Strong interest in the commercial vehicle sector
- Strong time-management skills (this is to do with your self-management skills, and means you turn up to work on time and don’t always need to be told what to do)
- An ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
- Great teamwork skills so you can work with others, listen to their instructions and keep them up to date with how you’re doing
- Being able to follow both written and verbal instructions.
What does a HGV Vehicle Technician with Imperial Commercials do?
As you can imagine, HGVs travel a long distance. That’s why maintenance is a huge part of any HGV technician’s job.
You’ll need to service, inspect, run regular checks and diagnose any issues found. After you’ve discovered issues or broken equipment, you’ll need to repair or replace the parts. This could be physically or done using technology – because the world of big trucks is very high-tech these days. Either. way you’ll need to understand the correct way of approaching the problem.
You’ll be trained to understand and work with the very latest in vehicle equipment, positioning you at the forefront of this revolutionary and sophisticated technology.
Your first steps into HGV Vehicle Technician jobs with Imperial Commercials
Many of our applicants are aged 16-17 and it’s a great way to get your career moving!
Discover Imperial Commercials
Find out more about Imperial Commercials right here on Youth Employment UK.
We put our heart and soul into our core values:
- Our people are our most important asset
- We are performance driven for excellent service
- We act with integrity
- Together we make a difference
- We are entrepreneurial and financially responsible.
Imperial Commercials are the very largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group across the whole of the UK.
We have 39 dealer locations, including the largest DAF Trucks dealer group within the UK. Imperial Commercial’s manufacturing partners are; DAF Trucks, ISUZU Trucks, Man Trucks, Renault, Volkswagen, Ford, Fiat Professional, Isuzu pick-ups, Nissan and LDV Vans. We employ 1,700 employees in the UK of which roughly 500 are technician grades.
We are passionate about providing technical training for technical employees. Visit our Apprenticeship Programme to learn more.