DST Platform Error Corrections Associate
DST – The best financial services company you’ve never heard of
DST Systems is made up of over 16,000 employees globally and with over 3,500 staff across our five Essex sites (in Basildon, Brentwood and Chelmsford) we are one of the largest employers in Essex – as well as one of the biggest Apprenticeship employers in the UK! We also have offices in Dublin and Stirling in Scotland.
What do we do?
At DST we work with many of the world’s leading financial services brands. We provide our clients with specialist technologies and outsourced customer servicing solutions. Our clients include many of the largest and most recognisable organisations in the global financial services industry covering Investment, Pensions, Insurance and Savings providers.
What is a platform error corrections associate?
In the world of financial services it’s really important to ensure that deals are placed correctly and any information associated with a client’s account is accurate.
In a nutshell, you’re performing a vital services function by investigating any error corrections, following a set procedure to advise required amendments, and confirming any relevant corrections with clients under the supervision of your manager or team leader.
Resolving errors neatly and accurately leads to satisfied clients and the building of professional relationships built on financial trust.
What skills do you need?
- Excellent verbal, numeric and keyboard skills.
- Excellent focus on customer service.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills and organization skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, with energy and a positive attitude.
- Willingness to successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions. This means you can adapt your behaviour to meet the needs of others as well as yourself.
- Experience in the Financial Services Investment Industry.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work on your own initiative when required - a key self-management skill.
- Knowledge of investment products and administration.
- Knowledge of the FCA regulatory environment.
- Experience of data input processes (data entry often involves office software like the use of Excel spreadsheets).
- Experience in a regulated environment (that is, a structured work environment).
- Good MS application skills (such as Word, Excel spreadsheets and MS Outlook email software).
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of all areas within the business (it’s always good to show you’re familiar with what the company does when you turn up for an interview).
All offers of employment at IFDS are subject to a pre-employment screen, including your 5-year employment history, proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of address, credit check and criminal record check.
What does your working day look like?
The key purpose of your job is to achieve the following, under the supervision of your line-manager:
- Error correction investigation for any deals placed incorrectly where either error corrections, IT or CRM area have caused the error.
- Raise appropriate Risk On Line work where an error is identified, to ensure appropriate investigations are carried out by the department causing the error.
- Complete required Error Correction templates to advise of required amendments to ensure clients are not disadvantaged by any errors.
- Carry out calculations to understand how to correct clients’ accounts and key in amendments to the system.
- Respond to referrals from the offshore team
- Complete final resolution letters to clients to confirm the relevant corrections have been made.
As you carry out your work, you’ll be building experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Helping to make sure that DST meet business requirements in the way they operate.
- Keeping a strong focus on professional standards and results, which directly contribute and impact on business targets.
- Developing and improving client relations, especially when it comes to client and investor satisfaction.
- Giving effective and efficient service to customers, by any appropriate means of communication, to greatly enhance DST’s reputation as a truly customer-focused company. You’ll be 100% ready to commit to personally putting the customer first and providing an excellent customer service at all times.
- Responding positively to the goals of the team and supporting colleagues – it’s all part of developing your teamwork skills.
- Attending and actively contributing to team meetings. Anyone can show up to a meeting they’re invited to – you’ll make the extra effort to really be
- Be prepared to achieve and strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs and key results areas, both in terms of productivity and quality (such as the accuracy of any information you supply, and the professional language you use in your letters).
- Developing an understanding of all client /products to be able to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Actively seeking out and responding to feedback. You’ll strive to use service failures both internally and externally as a learning tool to improve DST’s operations and customer service.
- Managing your work queues (the list of things you have to do) and your work day. This partly means you’ll review work queues to ensure work is processed with SLA and any additional work is completed within guidelines set by your team leader.
As you can see, skill with numbers and an eye for accuracy is needed. You’ll be getting the chance to work with different teams in the company, and you’ll also get the chance to communicate with clients. It’s to your own benefit as well as the company’s that you push yourself to do the best job you can, put customers first, and see every piece of feedback as a chance to learn and improve.
Useful links for DST careers
More about DST careers:
We are recognised as one of the largest Apprenticeship employers in the UK. Young people aged 16-24 make up over 30% of our workforce. Our apprenticeships are a cut above. We’re looking for high performers – could that be you?
Visit the DST careers page to find out more about future careers in financial services.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your future.