Digital strategist Polly McGee talks about curiosity in career choices, her journey to ‘belong’ and why we need to think about who we are when choosing careers. Check out the podcast!
Career podcast listening notes
Polly’s story covers:
- The role that curiosity has played in her career choices to date
- the spiritual journey of ‘belonging’ she has been on
- the importance of fear and shame
- why we all need to spend time understanding who we are when thinking about our career
- why we decided to write the ‘Good Hustle’ and what she hopes others will learn from reading it
Polly’s book ‘The Good Hustle’ caninspire us all to create a business with heart that focused on adding value to the world of business. Dr Polly McGee is an author, leadership facilitator and digital strategist. With over a decade working in innovation, commercialization and leadership in public, university and private sector roles, Polly has been an integral part of the Australian startup ecosystem and a disruptor-for-good in traditional industries. Polly is passionate about creating connection in organisations large and small through courageous leadership, growth mindset, compassion and diversity. She undertook certification with Brene Brown to deliver her Dare to Lead Curriculum to leaders globally.